UnionPay InternationalINFO.SiteOnline PaymentCardholder service
Your Location: | English Site Globalization Destinations Asia Hong Kong
Globalization
  • Intro
  • Tips
  • Promotions
  • Featured Merchant
Covering an area of 1,074 km2, Hong Kong (HK) has a population of 5.919 million, of which 97% are Chinese, mostly Cantonese. Foreign residents take up the remaining 3%. Hong Kong has a warm and humid tropical subtropical monsoon climate with much rainfall. The major languages are Cantonese and English, and the major currency is Hong Kong dollar. The leading religions include Buddhism, Islamism and Christianity.

Hong Kong, the World Dynamic Capital, is a real “Pearl of the Orient” embracing economy, finance, trade, shopping, entertainment, playing and sightseeing in one. As China’s Special Administrative Region, Hong Kong boasts a great development opportunity and healthy and relaxed trading environment. As a renowned international trade harbor, it gets latest news daily and absorbs the newest international fashion.

Hong Kong combines rich sense of modern life with beautiful natural environment. Representative sight-seeing areas include the luxurious architectures at the Peak, Repulse Bay and Kowloon Tong, the Wong Tai Sin Temple, the representative skyscrapers around Victoria Harbor and in neighboring Central, Admiralty and city centers like Wan Chai, the Repulse Bay, Causeway Bay, Tsing Ma Bridge, Tsim Sha Tsui, Mongkok, Yau Ma Tei, and Kowloon Bay.

Hong Kong is a shopping paradise, with its main shopping areas on Hong Kong Island and in Kowloon, and local-flavor-saturated Sheung Wan. Almost every shopping street has a unique theme of its own, like garment street, AV appliance street, gold store street, antique street and so on.

Hong Kong’s movies, bars, traditional operas and horse racings consist of Hong Kong’s banquet of entertainment life. Tsim Sha Tsui, the nigh life paradise, the bars and wine houses along Nathan Road and Hong Kong Racing Museum on Hong Kong Island are all worth visiting.

The must-sees in Hong Kong also include representative places such as Po Lin Monastery, Ocean Park, Sai Kung and Aberdeen.

CUP has established the acceptance network of CUP card in Hong Kong since January, 2004, and CUP’s Hong Kong customer service hotline is 800-967-222. As of May 2010, 83,901 merchant POS terminals and 3,063 ATMs can accept CUP cards, covering tourist areas, shopping malls and supermarkets in Hong Kong. Any merchant that has put up the CUP logo can accept CUP cards. And for those who haven’t, the cardholder can show their CUP cards and ask the cashier whether they can be used there. All ATMs in Hong Kong support the withdrawal of Hong Kong dollars with CUP cards. Please note that the CUP card cannot perform fund transfer or cash withdrawal over the counter in banks in Hong Kong, nor cash withdrawal through merchant POS terminals.

Return

For ATM accepting IC cards, please click:
Please note some of the overseas ATMs are yet enabled to support IC cards.For details, please contact China UnionPay Customer Service Representative: (mainland of China) or other hotlines (outside mainland of China)